While the role of education is to foster growth in all areas of human development, its primary focus should be on the “Art of awakening” of the individual’s spirit. Learning from the heart is spiritual awakening, says Sri Sathya Sai Baba. He further says, what the head thinks, should be examined critically in the heart and the right decision should be carried out by the hands.This should be the primary product of the educational process.
The Sri Sathya Sai University for Human Excellence situated in Gulbarga, in North Karnataka encapsulates a values-based integral education system in an unique residential environment, that caters to all aspects of human development with spiritual evolution at its core. The University is a modern day Gurukula which imparts worldly knowledge with greater emphasis on Spiritual education. It fosters and cultivates a spirit of self inquiry, self-reliance and self-sacrifice in an environment of self-discipline. The University trains teachers, dedicated workers and students who will be committed to serving their fellow beings through furthering the cause of values based education, without the barriers of caste, creed, region, religion, gender or geographies, to those in need.
Sri Sathya Sai University for Human Excellence (SSSUHE) is a Private University established under Karnataka State Act 17 of 2018.
Admission to Undergraduate programmes of SSSUHE are now open for the year 2020-21. The University offers Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) and Bachelor of Arts (B.A) programmes.
The education provided at SSSUHE is completely free of cost which includes among others accommodation, food, as well as facilities such as laboratories, Library, Computer Lab, Sports and Fitness, Health Care, maintenance etc. As the University follows a residential system of education, all the students are required to stay at the designated housing mandatorily. The medium of instruction in the University is English.
Basic Criteria for Applying: Candidates who have secured a minimum of 50% marks in English and at least 55% aggregate marks in the main subject disciplines in their PUC or 11th and 12th class exams of equivalent boards are eligible to apply.
Following are the available Subject combinations under B.A and B.Sc. Programmes.
|Bachelor of Arts|
|Economics – Computer Application – English|
|Economics – Computer Application – English|
|Economics – Computer Application – Sanskrit|
|Economics – English – Sanskrit|
|Economics – Kannada – Sanskrit|
|Computer Application – English – Sanskrit|
|Computer Application – Kannada – Sanskrit|
|Dance – Sanskrit – English|
|Dance – Sanskrit – Kannada|
|Music – Sanskrit – English|
|Music – Sanskrit – Kannada|
|Bachelor of Science|
|Mathematics – Physics - Chemistry|
|Botany – Zoology - Chemistry|
|Mathematics – Physics – Computer Science|
|Mathematics – Economics – Computer Science (for students with Mathematics in 12th class level)|
|Last date for submission of application via email||22nd March 2020|
|Entrance Exam||29th March 2020|
|Interviews||30th March – 2nd April 2020|
- Candidates/their Parents/ Guardians must have active personal Email IDs. This is essential as all the correspondence from the University will be over Emails only.
- Selection will be based on Entrance Exam followed by an
- Request for admission form should be sent via email to email@example.com
- Following information must be provided in the request mail:
> Subject of the mail: Admission to SSSUHE (UG) – [Candidate Name]
> Name of the candidate:
> Residential Address:
> Address of the last school studied (PUC/ 12th/Intermediate)
> Mobile No:
> Alternative Mob No (must):
- Application form along with the details of the Entrance Exam will be sent only after a formal request from the candidate is made over email, as mentioned above.
- Completed application form must be scanned and sent through Email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 22nd March 2020.
- Incomplete forms will be rejected.
- Candidate must enclose self-attested copy of all the required documents mentioned in the application form. Submissions without all required enclosures will be rejected.
- Hall ticket for the Entrance Examination will be sent to the eligible candidates on the reception of completed forms and necessary supporting documents.
- Candidate selected in the Entrance Exam will be called for an interview.
- Filled-in form must also be sent via Speed Post/ Registered Post and not through private couriers to the following address in an envelope (A4 size or bigger):
Sri Sathya Sai University for Human Excellence
Navanihala, Okali Post, Kamalapura Taluk
Kalaburagi District, Karnataka – 585313
- Please mention on the envelope ‘Application for University Admission’
Mobile No: +91 7899000030